Barrington Early Childhood Center’s history dates all the way back to 1955. The school was first opened by Barrington College on its campus as a laboratory school for its education students and as a community service. In 1974, the College built the current school building on College Lane. In 1984, Barrington College closed to merge with a Massachusetts College and in 1985, BECC became its own non-profit corporation formed by a group of dedicated parents and students who did not want to see the school close.
Over 60 years since its inception, BECC now maintains a highly-qualified staff of ten and full enrollment annually. It has grown to become a well-respected and greatly loved organization in the local community.
BECC admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other school administered programs.